Thursday, April 26, 2018

Accused ISIS-Sympathizing Prof Banned From Campus


From the Daily Caller:

An Ohio university banned a professor accused of sympathizing with the Islamic State and attempting to recruit students for the group, after he allegedly lied to the FBI, according to a Tuesday report.

Kent State University suspended and kicked history professor Julio Pino off campus after the FBI claimed the professor lied regarding a conversation in which he encouraged a friend to commit terrorism, reported Fox News.

Authorities arrested Pino’s friend, identified as J.E., after the man had threatened the judge involved in his child custody case. J.E. subsequently chatted with Pinto on Facebook regarding how he would murder people if his parental rights were revoked.

“I will kill 100s of people if they take my rights as a father away!” J.E. told Pino on September 11, 2015, according to The Washington Post. “Hell, 10000’s! … It’s time for Men to act like men again … See the thing I’ve got on my side is God. That allows me certain rights. One of those rights is to strike down evil with furious vengeance!…People don’t even know how crazy I am yet! That’s because no ones ever tried to take my [relative]. They’re about to meet to [the] Monster they’ve created.”

The professor then allegedly told J.E. to “devour them,” to which the man said, “Thank you! I will!”

Pino denied having this conversation to the FBI and said he had “never heard of [J.E. or] maybe I heard of him through the news.”

“It is certainly possible that he could have heard of me and made up this conversation, invented it,” he later claimed.

“I f***ing love Julio Pino, even if he does eventually do something that most consider horrible,” J.E. said in January 2016 after he began making threats against his judge. “I’ll still love him because I know him in a deeper way than most of you even could.”

Kent State suspended Pino and banned him from stepping foot on campus after the Department of Justice filed charges against the professor on Monday. Pino has made waves for more than that one exchange.

Read more.....

No comments:

Post a Comment