Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Presidency now Donald Trump's to win or lose

I am far from being a fan of Donald Trump. However, there is no doubt that Trump has changed the entire dynamic of the 2016 presidential election.

Oddly, the more Trump gets knocked by the naysayers, the more I tend to like him.

I've had mixed feeling about him from the start, especially because he never goes deeply into policy and some of the things he says are really stupid. But everyone has been saying stupid things in order to get votes.

I think in the end common sense will prevail. I think Trump will soon start cleaning up his act.

I've been ambivalent about Trump. I admire him but he worries me. I like how he is a straight shooter not afraid of calling a spade a spade. I want someone that has a proven record of success and won't lie to me. It is that latter that makes me wonder whether Trump is just another pandering politician willing to tell any lie that's necessary to get the job. Let me explain.

Trump has said at least a couple of things that I find over the top. They are either pandering lies or he is dumber than I would want (we are all dumb; it is just a matter of how much). Those two things are that he would have Mexican people pay for the wall, and that if Ford and Nabisco go ahead and move their plants to Mexico he would slap them with a 35% tariff.

The first I understand as bravado, but the second coupled with his comments about the TPP, I find to be liberal anti-trade and pro-union, and going against principles proven to work. The last thing I want is another four or eight years of Obama.

Click here to read the full article at High Plains Pundit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment