Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Obama continues to play race card: America has not overcome legacy of slavery and Jim Crow

Barack Obama has done more to roll back racial progress than any President in history.  Never before have we had such a racist President in a time of general tolerance and realism.

Despite his high-sounding rhetoric, composed by professional speech writers, Obama wouldn't know how to fight racism to save his life. Nor does he does address massive problems of crime and poverty in the black community.

When one thinks of problems and solutions, Obama falls neatly into the category of "problem".

Until Americans recognize that small-minded activists don't make great leaders, we will be saddled with a string of very incompetent Administrations that oversee a demoralized population and a country in decline.

On Monday, President Obama told Daily Show host Trevor Noah that America has not "overcome the legacies of slavery and Jim Crow and colonialism and racism."

"You know, my general theory is that, if I was clear in my own mind about who I was, comfortable in my own skin and had clarity about the way in which race continues to be this powerful factor in so many elements of our lives.

"But, that it is not the only factor in so many aspects of our lives, that we have, by no means overcome the legacies of slavery and Jim Crow and colonialism and racism, but that the progress we’ve made has been real and extraordinary — if I’m communicating my genuine belief that those who are not subject to racism can sometimes have blind spots or lack of appreciation of what it feels to be on the receiving end of that, but that doesn’t mean that they’re not open to learning and caring about equality and justice and that I can win them over because there is goodness in the majority of people.

"Another way of saying this is there has not been a time in my public life or my presidency where I feel as if I have had to bite my tongue. There have been times in my public life where I’ve said, “How do I say this diplomatically? How do I say this, as you indicated, in a way that it’s received?”

"So there have been very few instances where I’ve said, “Well, that was racist, you are racist.” There have been times where I’ve said, “You know, you might not have taken into account the ongoing legacy of racism in why we have so many black men incarcerated. And since I know that you believe in the Constitution and believe in justice and believe in liberty, how about if we try this?” Obama said.

Read the full article at High Plains Pundit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment