Monday, November 27, 2017

Amid sexual harassment claims, Conyers steps down as top Dem on House Judiciary Committee


On Sunday, Rep. John Conyers (D-Michigan) announced he will be stepping aside as a ranking member of the House Judiciary Committee over the investigation into allegations of sexual misconduct.

“After careful consideration and in light of the attention drawn by recent allegations made against me, I have notified the Democratic Leader of my request to step aside as Ranking Member of the House Judiciary Committee during the investigation of these matters.

“I deny these allegations, many of which were raised by documents reportedly paid for by a partisan alt-right blogger. I very much look forward to vindicating myself and my family before the House Committee on Ethics," Conyers said.

No comments:

Post a Comment