Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Public radio host Garrison Keillor fired for alleged improper behavior

Garrison Keillor, the former host of "A Prairie Home Companion," says he's been fired by Minnesota Public Radio over an allegation of improper behavior. Keillor told The Associated Press of his firing in an email.

“Minnesota Public Radio is terminating its contracts with Garrison Keillor and his private media companies after recently learning of allegations of his inappropriate behavior with an individual who worked with him,” said Angie Andresen, communications director for the station.

Keillor, 75, who retired from the show last year and did not respond to a request for comment, denied any wrongdoing but described what he believed to be the allegation against him in an email to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.

“I put my hand on a woman’s bare back,” he wrote. “I meant to pat her back after she told me about her unhappiness and her shirt was open and my hand went up it about six inches. She recoiled. I apologized. I sent her an email of apology later and she replied that she had forgiven me and not to think about it. We were friends. We continued to be friendly right up until her lawyer called.”

No comments:

Post a Comment