Thursday, November 17, 2016

Ted Cruz: We’ll be looking at pitch forks and torches in the street if Republicans can't deliver

On Thursday, U.S. Senator Ted Cruz had some very strong words for Republicans if they don't deliver on their promises to the American people after the 2016 elections.

"I'm eager to work with the new president in whatever capacity I can have the greatest impact defending the principles that I was elected to defend, defending the principles of freedom, defending the constitution," Cruz said about his visit to Trump Tower.

"We spent a great deal of time talking about when the voters give Republicans control of the White House, control of every executive branch, control of the Senate and control of the House. We’ve got to deliver.

"It is time to put up or shut up. I think there are incredible opportunities. I am looking forward to work very, very closely with President Trump to deliver on his promise to repeal Obamacare, I’m looking forward to working very, very closely with President Trump on confirming strong Supreme Court Justices and protecting the constitutional rights of Americans and I think that’s what the voters are looking for.

"We need to do whatever is necessary to get the job done. That was a lot of the topic of the discussion when I was in Trump Tower, was how we deliver. I think if Republicans go to Washington and we don’t deliver on what we promised, I think we’ll be looking at pitch forks and torches in the street and quite rightly and that can’t happen.

"We need to see how the Democrats respond, I mean right now the Democrats seem to be in this bizarre spiral getting nuttier and nuttier. The lesson they took from this election is they weren’t liberal and extreme enough and they’ve got to get even more wacked out and disconnected from the American people.


"I hope some saner heads prevail in the Democratic Party I hope there’s some Democratic Senators who actually want to come and do the job we’ve been given but I think on the Republican side we need to demonstrate resolve we need to demonstrate the seriousness to deliver on these promises. I can tell you this we are going to repeal, I believe repeal Obamacare. And we are going to confirm strong conservative Supreme Court justices to protect the constitution and bill of rights and if Democrats think they can stand in the way on that I think they are sorely mistake," Cruz said.

Cruz also expanded on rumors that be nominated to serve as Attorney General under Trump.

"Listen we had a far reaching conversation and it was a good opportunity to talk about the election, about the challenges facing the country and I’ll tell you the heart of what we talked about is how we actually solve those challenges, how we get it done.

"President-elect Trump campaigned on making America great again that is something I think the voters desperately want to see come to pass and see happen and I think the president-elect is very serious about making it happen.

"And from my end, I am eager I am excited for the opportunity we have to come together and get the job done. That’s what our conversation focused on," Cruz said.

No comments:

Post a Comment