Friday, December 16, 2016

WH Chief of Staff: Barack Obama most Catholic President in history


Yes, you read the headline correctly.

On Wednesday, White House chief of staff Denis McDonough told David Axelrod on his podcast “The Axe Files” that President Obama is the most Catholic president in U.S. history..

“Look, I say to him, Axe, and I think I’ve said this to him in your presence and I’ve said this publicly before, I think this is our most Catholic of presidents. And I mean that by capital ‘C’ Catholic in what I see and what he does everyday.

“It’s not to say that he does everything entirely consistent with Catholic teaching. That’s not the idea, but I think in fact his view of the person and our role and the view of us as adding to the common good is an undeniably Catholic set of premises, and that’s why I say that to him a lot," McDonough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment