Thursday, January 11, 2018

Cliven Bundy Defends Standoff With Feds, Says He’ll Continue To Ranch


From NBC News:

Nevada Rancher Cliven Bundy on Wednesday again claimed that states hold authority over federal land in the West. He also defended the armed 2014 standoff over grazing fees that resulted in a trial, which ended this week with the high-profile case being dismissed.

Bundy, 71, was accused along with his sons of leading an armed uprising against federal authorities who sought to seize his cattle over unpaid grazing fees. Bundy claimed he was a political prisoner when he was jailed for nearly two years. The case was dismissed by a judge Monday.

“I just spent 700 days in their damn jail. I’m a little bit upset about that sometimes,” Bundy told a crowd of media and supporters in Las Vegas.

“Now I’ve got to make the decision whether I’m going to be bitter the rest of my life, whether I’m going to forgive them,” Bundy said. “But one thing’s for sure: I’m going to go back and ranch.”

Continue reading the full article.

No comments:

Post a Comment